HACCP-9000® is an international registration program that integrates HACCP, International Organization for Standardization (ISO 9000), and food hygiene practices into one comprehensive management system that guides the implementation of a solid food safety and quality for a food or beverage facility, or foodservice establishment anywhere in the world. Integrating HACCP and ISO 9000 into one management system, NSF HACCP-9000® ensures that your company has a food safety program that is recognized worldwide.
NSF HACCP-9000 Registration Process
The Registration process verifies that your company is meeting the requirements outlined in the Codex Alimentarius. It includes the following steps:
- Desk Audit. A qualified auditor is assigned to review your company's HACCP and food safety documentation off-site to identify potential areas of nonconformance. This leads to an increased success rate for the registration audit.
- On-site Readiness Review. This assessment is part of the registration process, which enables the auditor to sample the HACCP and food safety system to identify areas of improvement and to ensure that your company is prepared for registration.
- Registration Audit. The auditor conducts a comprehensive assessment of your company's HACCP and food safety system.
- Review and Approval by Certification Board. The NSF Certification Board reviews the auditor's report, approves the client for registration and issues a certificate if all requirements are met.
- Surveillance Audit. A qualified auditor conducts on-going surveillance audits to ensure the HACCP and food safety system is being maintained.
Benefits of NSF HACCP-9000® Registration
- HACCP combined with the power of ISO registration is the standard utilized worldwide providing greater credibility with global customers and partners.
- The risk of unsafe products is reduced through the identification and management of critical control points, especially in an ISO registered management process.
- One auditor concurrently conducts HACCP and ISO 9001 audits reducing the time involved with registration.
- Internal and external confidence in your products increases.
- Registration assures clients are in full compliance with all current food safety regulations and new HACCP-based food safety regulations.
- International breadth assures global compliance. NSF International Global Food Safety and Quality Network partners include: Japan Gas Appliance Inspection (JIA) Tokyo, NSF-ISR Korea (KIMC), NSF-ISR South Asia (An-shi-fu), and Standards Institute of Israel (SII).
- Integration of a food safety system and quality management system demonstrates your company's commitment to consistency and prevention.